Tyler Technologies | Renton, WA
DevOps Engineer will collaborate with our customer success and software development teams to design, implement, and manage all product hosting and cloud-based network environments and the product release process.
- Define standard cloud-based server configurations that economically and reliably host a custom software platform, using a modular approach that makes it easy to scale with customer demand
- Develop and implement automation scripts to deploy new server configurations in a repeatable and reliable process
- Develop and implement monitoring and logging schemes for all network and server elements to ensure that DevOps catches, and in most cases resolves, issues before customers are aware of the problems
- Collaborate with development and customer success teams to consult on server configurations, batch processing, version control, and other aspects of the product deployment and operations process to make it easy to release and reliably operate products
- Track and manage hosting cost to meet hosting budgets and work to continuously improve unit economics
- Build and deliver tools that empower the development and customer success teams to easily interact, within security guidelines, with the product hosting environments
- Perform other administrative/DevOps/Support duties as needed to ensure stability and reliability of the application(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Math, or comparable work experience
- Typically requires 10+ years of successful experience in IT, with at least 5 years of experience in DevOps preferred.
- Skilled at Linux systems administration
- Basic level SQL Server Administration.
- Strong Amazon Web Services administration experience
- Proven competency with Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Strong understanding of cloud-based server and network architectures, including setup and management of firewalls, load balancers, VPNs, VPCs, hardened Linux kernels, database server instances, and web servers.
- Proficient with scripting (Python, Perl, and Bash skills desired)
- Database administration experience a plus
- Collaborative personality with good communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Valid driver’s license
- Will require approximately 25% travel in the first year (1 week per month) for onboarding.