Technical Services Support Specialist
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for resolving technical issues that might affect our Dynamics AX clients during the running of our software applications in an MSSQL Server environment. This includes 3rd party software interfaces, web applications, and other connectivity/performance issues. Technical Support Specialists work with their colleagues and managers to implement and proactively manage a superior technical support experience for our clients.
- Responsible for troubleshooting network and environment-related problems as it relates to MS Dynamics AX suite of products and SQL Server at client sites.
- Conducts installation and upgrades of MS Dynamics AX2012.
- Administer web services (IIS), firewalls, SQL servers, SharePoint and networks in relation to connectivity and performance troubleshooting necessary to resolve customer’s issues.
- Monitors and manages working incidents.
- Delivers timely, tier II customer support focused on root cause identification, analysis, prevention and knowledge transfer.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Four year degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 2-3 years’ experience with SQL Server including maintenance plans, performance tuning, network administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with customers, managers, and executives on technical and business issues.
- Experience providing high quality customer service in an environment where reliability and punctuality were highly valued.
- Strong organizational, project management, and negotiation skills.